Announcing…International IPA Day!
Well, this fun project is certainly worthy of interrupting Burger Week for, albeit for one night only! August the 4th has been declared IPA Day by US Bloggers The Beer Wench and Ryan Ross. A celebration of all things Uber-Hoppy, all they ask is that you celebrate your IPA on the 4th, and share your fun with your community, whatever that may be.
I’ll quote the rest directly from the horse’s mouth:
“Attention all craft beer evangelists, brewers, bloggers, and suds-savvy citizens! On Thursday, August 4th 2011, you are cordially invited to participate in the largest international craft beer celebration and virtual conversation the world has ever seen.
International #IPADay is a grassroots movement to unite the voices of craft beer enthusiasts, bloggers, and brewers worldwide through social media. On Thursday August 4th, craft beer drinkers across the social sphere and across the globe will raise pints in a collective toast to one of craft beer’s most iconic styles: the India Pale Ale. This celebrated style represents the pinnacle of brewing innovation with its broad spectrum of diverse brands, subcategories, and regional flavor variations – making it the perfect style to galvanize craft beer’s social voice.
#IPADay is not the brainchild of a corporate marketing machine, nor is it meant to serve any particular beer brand. #IPADay is opportunity for breweries, bloggers, businesses and consumers to connect and share their love of craft beer. Getting involved is easy; the only requirements are an appreciation for great beer and the will to spread the word. Anyone can participate by enjoying IPA with friends, making some noise online with the #IPADay hashtag, and showing the world that craft beer is more than a trend!
Tips on How to Take Part:
1. Organize an #IPADay event at your brewery, brewpub, restaurant, bar, home, or office (Ex: An IPA dinner/cheese pairing/comparative or educational tasting/cask night/tap takeover…). Share your events on the official #IPADay forum at http://www.ratebeer.com.
2. On August 4th, share your photos, videos, blog posts, tasting notes, recipes, and thoughts with the world. Be sure to include the #IPADay hashtag in your posts Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, RateBeer, Foursquare, Gowalla, Yelp, Untappd or any other social media site.
3. See what other people are saying by searching “#IPADay” on Google, search.twitter.com, et cetera…
4. Track down your favorite IPA’s, ones you’ve been meaning to try, and ones you’ve never heard of; share them with friends and share your thoughts with the world.
5. Have a good time and know that by sharing your experiences online, you’re strengthening the craft beer community at large.
What’s more, our very own SummerWine Brewery will be taking part for the UK as a ‘Host Brewery’, alongside such luminaries as Epic, Southern Tier and Great Divide, and many more from the US. James and Andy will be keeping us all informed on what antics will be planned, so stay tuned. Also, it’s GBBF that week, which is a perfect opportunity to hook up with fellow Beery types and spread the word.
So – if you like this sort of thing, August the 4th is the day for you.
Posted on 07/07/2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Beer Community, Bison Organic Brewery, Epic Brewing, Founders Brewery, Great Divide Brewing, IPA, IPA Day, Karl Strauss Brewing, New Holland Brewery, NOLA Brewery, Southern Tier Brewing, SummerWine Brewery, Sweetwater Brewery, The Beer Wench. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.