>Beers of The Year – Six Months In…
Ok, the year is halfway through and I’ve found myself in a reflective mood this morning. Here’s what I’ve enjoyed this year, out of all those pints of sweet (and some not so) sweet ale….
1. Leeds Brewery: Midnight Bell. Looks like there’s not only me who has been astounded by these guy’s ascent in 2008 – A Swift One is also a big fan and so it seems, is the rest of Yorkshire. Midnight Bell is, in my opinion, their best – a sweet, light, malty mild in the true sense of the word.
2. Purple Moose’s Dark Side of The Moose – seems everyone likes this, too! Again, another flavoursome and seriously moreish dark mild, in excellent nick at the Camra Leeds Beer Festival.
3. Kelham Island Brooklyn Smoked Porter – I think I said it all here.
4. Brasserie Lefebvre Blanche De Bruxelles – It’s not all been dark for 2008! I thought this fresh, citrus-loaded Wit was in excellent form at North’s Belgian Fest.
5. …And bottled – well, Cain’s Raisin Beer. A bit of a surprise, maybe, but i really do like this stuff. It’s not one to drink a lot of, but the fruitiness of it makes for an intruiging pint that has grown on me in 2008.
Let me know what’s been going down well in 2008 for you – what should be looking out for?