>Blackberry Slices – In The Bag!!
Inspired by Scott @ Real Epicurian’s ‘In The Bag’ promotion, The Good Stuff set about creating a seasonal treat for the start of Autumn. And seeing as though my good lady had been ransacking the Blackberry bush at the end of our street for a month or so now, that seemed like a good place to start.
Here is what we came up with – nothing fancy, but great with a cup of tea and Seinfeld box set on an ever-darkening night…
Blackberry Tray Bake
You will need:
225g Soft margerine
225g Caster Sugar
275g Self-Raising Flour
2 tspns baking Powder
4 tbs Milk
Icing sugar (To decorate)
100g Blackberries – or about 20!
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C, 350f or gas mark 4.
2. Grease and base line a 12×9 inch roasting tin or shallow tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Measure your ingredients in a large bowl and beat well for a couple of minutes until blended.
4. Turn the mixture into the tin, and level the top.
5. Add the Blackberries in lines – you want to get about 3 to a slice. Lay them on top (they will sink during baking).
6. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the cake has pulled away from the sides.
7. Leave to cool (overnight, if you wish)
8. Decorate top with some icing sugar in whatever way you want.
9. Slice and enjoy!
If you want, you could add some berries to the top also, for prettiness! as you can see, it’s fairly basic but was delicious!